Saturday, September 16, 2006

Gateway to the South


Louisville, Kentucky. Gateway to the South where I am treated like a queen in this land of southern hospitality, Churchill Downs & the Kentucky Derby, and the burial ground of Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame.

I was treated to a massage and pedicure and later I danced to Jimi Hendrix prompting me to think of J and sending off an email to him in New Zealand. J is a big Hendrix fan and tells me I missed the coldest winter in NZ.

I am being driven around in a 2006 911 Porsche, tooling down the highway and back streets of Louisville where Tom Cruise used to play.

Andy the Roc Doc took us out to the theatre where we saw a NY play, “Gone Missing” at the Actors Theatre, home to the famous ten-minute play festival and where I blew positive energy kisses into the space in hopes of acceptance of my short play about NZ, which I submitted almost a year ago.

Last night we went to a dinner party at Larry and Ed’s with other guests, friend Henry and international torch singer and star Barbara Sodd. Barbara and Larry have played music together for years but last night Larry’s vegetarian lasagna (with only a little meat in the sauce) was top billing. There was also ‘fall on the floor laughing’ jokes and many hugs. I felt right at home. When we left, I walked down the porch steps passing a ceramic dog who wags his tail and farts, when you clap your hands (you had to be there),

I miss NZ, like an ache in my belly she is calling to me.

1 comment:

neil furby said...

I shout at the moon
come back come back
and the spell is working !!! NF