Monday, June 26, 2006

My Last Day in NZ June 28, 2006

On my last day in New Zealand I walked along the beach in Pukerua Bay as if it was all new again knowing it’s the last time.

A beautiful solo walk, listening to the waves hissing as they retreated, a curious fantail followed me and I meditated on a rock near Wairaka Rock where an unfaithful lover is turned to stone by her jealous man, a Maori Warrior. Then NF appeared high on the hill. We went inside a massive rock, next to Wairaka Rock. Deep in the hillside, into a cave, with black jutting edges we listened for the voices. Later we described to each other the soft high pitched cry of a woman’s voice surrounding us in the the womb.

A walk back along the path I pointed out to NF where I saw a cat guarding a memorial cross, facing Kapiti Island. There was a plague honoring a surfer born in 1964, with the date of death, November, 18, 2006. Today’s date is June 28, 2006.

Then off to Plimmerton to the Italian cafe where I had my last flat white with soy and a cheese- less pizza. Back to IP’s I continued packing and we went to Hell’s Pizza where we got vegan pizza to go so we could watch New Zealand’s only soap opera, Shortland Street. I have more than enough carbs for my 24 hour journey. I miss my daughter Dana.

No comments: